I will take this opportunity to say that the subject was made easy to understand by the very able tutor .I found it a very full day covering a great deal of information.It was made understandable and memorable with true life illustrations.I would therefore like to pass on thanks and appreciation to Mr Jeff Doidge.
Doreen - course attendee
Epilepsy Awareness Course
Raising awareness of staff who may deal with service users who have epilepsy.
By the end of the session learners will be able to:
- Discuss what epilepsy is
- Identify different types of seizures and the ways they will present
- List typical triggers for an epileptic seizure
- Recognise different stages of a seizure
- State what emergency action may be required and dealing with the person in seizure
- Carry out basic first aid (simulating during and after seizure)
- State when emergency services should be called
- Discuss types of medication that may help to reduce the incidents of seizures and emergency medication that may be administered
- Discuss lifestyle changes that may help to reduce the impact of epilepsy on the service user
Guided Learning Hours - 3 Hours
Certificate of Attendance